LEGISLATIVE & ADVOCACY
- BOMA has agreed to adherence to the International Fire Code 2015 Chapter 905.11
- “The fire code official is authorized to require locking caps on the outlets on dry standpipe connections standpipes where the responding fire department carries key wrenches for the removal that are compatible with locking FDC connection caps.”
- This will take effect for all new buildings effective January 1, 2019
- This will take effect for all existing buildings effective January 1, 2020
- When enforcement is required where the fire official determines either the need for maintenance or flushing of a fire protections system due to vandalism, theft or other reasonable cause a locking cap will be required immediately.